1. (Jenny F. So, November 1995) Date is changed from "11th century BCE" to "10th century BCE."
2. (Jeffrey Smith per Keith Wilson, July 1, 2008) Jewelry added as secondary classification.
3. (Jeffrey Smith per Janet Douglas, June 17, 2010) Medium changed from "Jade" to "Muscovite" based on conservation analysis.
4. (Susan Kitsoulis per Keith Wilson, June 23, 2010) Object name changed from "Pendant: stag" to "Jewelry." Title changed from "Pendant (pei 珮): stag" to "Pendant in the form of a stag"; Period from "Western Zhou 周 dynasty" to "Early Western Zhou 周 dynasty."
5. (Najiba Choudhury per Keith Wilson, October 10, 2019) Title changed from "Pendant (pei) in the form of a stag" to "Pendant in the form of a stag"; Period One changed from "Early Western Zhou dynasty" to "Western Zhou dynasty"; Date changed from "ca. 10th century BCE" to "ca. 1050-850 BCE"; Description changed from "Muscovite (massive sericite)" to "Muscovite"; Object name changed from "pendant" to "jewelry"; added Chinese Caption by Jingmin Zhang.
Added the following to the Description field, "The animal is seen crouching with its head turned back. The antlers are of a modest size. The eye may have served as a suspension hole. The work is done in flat planes without detailing lines. The stone is pale green. (Nicks on antler tips; spotty adhesions and/or soil adhering.)"
Usage conditions apply